Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Initation

I have been using a system of magical initiations to begin developing my own magical system. the Initiations are uniform and should be done alone, or under the supervision of someone who has undergone them already. I present the rite for anyone who is willing to undergo the initiations, or for anyone who wants to use it as a template to design their own.
Grade 0=0, outsider- granted to anyone and everyone

Grade1=10, Inha Gorah- In order to pass into this level of initiation one must read the following books: The Qur'an, The Book of Revelations, The Book of The Law, The Greater Key of Solomon, and The Lesser Key of Solomon. Initiation into this grade grants the magician a talisman (make your own!) and the knowledge of the 1st dragon position (sit on knees, hands placed palms down on upper thigh). Inha Gorah must choose a Magical Name, Magical Motto, and must read Liber Null and Psychonaught.


Initiation unto the grades

At the alter the Master of the temple shall stand and preside over the ceremony. The initiate shall enter from the south and go to the east, facing the alter. He shall cry aloud:

Angels of the seven seals, I command thee, Hear your kin and remember!
I (magical name, grade) call upon the foresworn covenants between man and the gods!
Drag open the seals of the divine prophets as so to purge me of my earthly attributes!

The initiate shall perform the sign of Apophist and exclaim his magical motto.
The initiate shall then fall to her knees and shall beg her gods to permit her into the next grade. She shall say:
Great gods whom hath and will existih unto the ages of ages,
Hear my call and grant me entrance unto thy kingdom.
The chorus of the gods echo in unison (all others present, or nobody):
What right dost thou claim to enter unto the holiest of holys?
The initiate shall respond:
I have been created as the heavens and the earth,
and I have woven a spell to span their mystical girth,
For by the three fold substances I have created the four fold way
and I have cast myself into the abodes of the great god of the day,
so I demand of thee entrance to the great city of R'yleh!

The initiate shall be granted the magical weapon of his new grade, should the gods deem him worthy.
If worthy the initiate shall be granted the knowledge and secrets of her grade.
The initiate shall rise and cry to the heavens:
Angels of the seven seals, I command thee, Hear your kin and remember!
I (magical name, new grade) call upon the foresworn covenants between man and the gods!
Drag closed the seals of the divine prophets as so to return me my earthly attributes!
He shall go forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment